Venue: by Video Conference
Contact: James Clapson
Apologies for Absence
To receive any declarations of interest. Members are advised to consider the advice contained within the Declaration of Interest advice attached to this Agenda. If a Member declares an interest, they should complete the Declaration of Interest Form
There were no declarations of interest.
It was proposed by Councillor Scobie, seconded by Councillor Wing and Members agreed:
That the public and press be excluded from the meeting on agenda item 4 as it contained exempt information as defined in Paragraph 7 of Schedule 12A of the Local Government Act 1972 (as amended).
PREMISES KNOWN AS DAYS GRILL, 4-5 THE CENTRE, MARGATE, KENT
Officers: Ms Phillips, Principal Litigation Solicitor.
Ms Stocker, Senior Licensing Officer.
Mr Sproats, Regulatory Services Manager.
Ms Malyn, Licensing Officer.
The Police: PS Beresford, Central Licensing Sargent.
PC Diment, Kent Police.
Legal Representative: Mr Craig
The Senior Licensing Officer introduced the item.
The License Holder’s Legal Representative addressed the Sub-Committee.
The Licensing Officer asked questions of the Legal Representative.
The Police asked questions of the Legal Representative.
The Committee asked question of the Legal Representative.
The Police addressed the Sub-Committee.
The Legal Rep responded to the Police’s comments.
The Sub-Committee agreed the following:
‘Upon the hearing of representations made against the suspension of the premises licence at Days Grill, 4 – 5 The Centre, Margate, Kent, CT9 1JG, under section 53A of the Licensing Act 2003, and upon the consideration of the documentation and representations from:
1. The Senior Licensing Officer – Alison Stocker
2. The Licence Holder’s representative – Mr Duncan Craig
3. The Police – Sergeant Mark Beresford
The decision of the licensing sub-committee on the 25th June is as follows;
The suspension of the license to Days Grill was to be lifted subject to the following further conditions;
1. The new conditions that have been agreed with Kent Police, to take effect immediately and to be applicable to all staff and especially the licence holder in respect of the consumption of alcohol and other substances. The heading of paragraph 3 of those conditions to be amended to “Alcohol Sales and Consumption”
2. The business will apply all relevant and updated Covid-19 rules and regulations.
3. The business to operate and check it’s CCTV camera’s at the beginning and end of every shift, with confirmation of its daily operation to be certified in a signed and dated log. The business will not operate if the CCTV is not working.
4. The training log must be signed and dated by each person who receives training.