Councillor Ashbee, the Leader of the Council, presented the report and the following points were noted:
· A review had been undertaken by the East Kent audit partnership.
· Thanks were given to Christine Parker, the head of internal audit, for the thorough review of this project.
· The detailed management response was yet to be formed, however the corporate management team had accepted all nine recommendations in the report.
· There was confidence that the council would learn from the review, and successfully deliver the projects which were upcoming over the following years.
Members commented and made the following points:
· Thanks were given to officers, in particular Mike Humber for their work in the project.
· The matter had not been concluded, it was important to keep up the momentum for the project.
· Information should be shared with both councillors and residents as much as possible.
Councillor Ashbee proposed, Councillor Bob Bayford seconded and members noted the report.