Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: Yes
Thanet has the opportunity to bid into the Government’s Levelling Up Fund as it is a Priority One area and will complement other opportunities that are available to Thanet, including the Future High Street Fund, Margate Town Deal and Heritage Action Zones. This funding opportunity will support the delivery of regeneration projects in Ramsgate, which will undoubtedly support the whole district's economic recovery and levelling up of its communities.
Cabinet agreed the following:
1. To approve submission of a Levelling Up Bid to the 18 June 2021 deadline;
2. To delegate authority to Chief Executive and the Leader of Council for final sign-off of the Levelling up Bid;
3. That the Council will not make a financial contribution in any form within the 10% financial contribution encouraged in the prospectus.
To enable the submission of a Levelling Up Bid for Ramsgate.
· Wait for the next round of the Levelling Up fund to submit a bid - the timeline for spend on projects is the same (March 2024), announcements have not been made about the timescales for bid, or the amount of money available.
· More than one bid can be submitted as it is covered by two MP constituency areas. The programme might be oversubscribed, although there is significant need across Thanet, it is proposed that the Council should focus on one bid.
· Due to the tight timescale to develop and submit the bid, the decision was taken to bring in specialist consultants in order to deliver a programme of engagement and to draft the funding bid. The programme of engagement will support the bids priorities and help to develop an evidenced and clear Town Investment Plan for the long term.
Publication date: 10/06/2021
Date of decision: 08/06/2021
Decided at meeting: 08/06/2021 - Cabinet
Effective from: 18/06/2021