Venue: Virtual Meeting
Election of Chair
Councillor Fellows proposed Councillor Austin for chair.
Councillor Green proposed, Councillor Packman seconded and when put to the vote Members agreed that Councillor Britcher be the Chair of the Boundaries and Electoral Arrangements Working Party.
Councillor Britcher in the chair.
Apologies for Absence
Apologies were received from Councillor Kup, substituted by Councillor Fellows.
To receive any declarations of interest. Members are advised to consider the advice contained within the Declaration of Interest advice attached to this Agenda. If a Member declares an interest, they should complete the Declaration of Interest Form
There were no declarations of interest made at the meeting.
The chair introduced the item for discussion and asked Members to suggest ideas for carrying out the assignment given to the working party by the Overview and Scrutiny Panel. Members made the following comments:
· Members agreed that the review would focus on the negative impact of tourism in relation to the impact of the following subject matters:
· AirBnBs on rent levels in the district;
· Street cleansing services (financial impact);
· Anti-Social Behaviour;
· Second Homes;
· The review should investigate how the council ensured that AirBnBs were not using the Council’s waste collection services without playing for such services;
· Members also agreed that they should complete their desk top research by 27 October 2023;
· Members agreed that their next meeting be held online at 5.30pm on 12 September;
· Senior Officers from Street Cleansing and Portfolio Holder for the service to be invited for the 12 September meeting;
· That would be followed by an in person meeting at 5.30pm on 26 September (on the same day as the September panel meeting)
· Senior Officers from Community Safety and the responsible Portfolio Holder to ... view the full minutes text for item 4.